Tuesday 4 April 2017

Bullet journalling with The Arc

I have really got into bullet journalling this year.  I have been keeping a journal - or diary as I think of it - for many many years now and also a planner.  So I wasn't really sure how bullet journalling would fit in, but I had been working on and tweaking my planner layouts for quite a while.  What I didn't realise was that I was moving towards bullet journalling, almost organically!

What is bullet journalling?


Bullet journalling is a way of keeping a record or note of - well practically anything really.  There is a good introduction to bullet journalling here:  http://bulletjournal.com/  but if you want something rather prettier (and really inspiring) take a look at Boho Berry.  You can use bullet journals for to do lists, notes, tracking various things, ideas, artwork, all kinds of things.

It seems that many people keep everything in their one journal but I am still running a planner and a 'diary' which I use as follows:

What's in my Planner


  • Overview of the week
  • daily 'to do' list
  • appointments
  • a 'quick view' of the main events of the day
  • a year list
  • a six month list
  • then various layouts for specific things such as holidays or projects I am working on

What's in my diary

  • an overview of the day
  • moods and feelings
  • mood tracker
  • moon and weather tracker

What do I use?

Many people buy specific bullet journals with the grid background.  My diary is a standard lined notebook and my planner is an Arc folder from Staples.  I have used Arc folders for many years and love the flexibility that you can add, remove and move pages as you clip the pages in on a ring system.  I purchased a punch so that I can print my own pages and then punch them to fit in the planner.  This gives me full flexibility in the way I lay out the planner pages and they do change quite regularly.  Below is my latest layout for Spring.  The grid background is new (today!) so I will see whether that works or whether I prefer a plain background which is what I had before.

My Arc is A5 so the sheet below is printed A4 and then cut in half to fit in the planner - that's why there is a gap in the middle!






Let me know if you bullet journal and what your favourite page layouts are.


No comments:

Post a Comment