Monday 27 February 2017

Donkeys, Gardening and my start on the web

It was 1997 when it all started and I first heard about "The Web".  Being of a practical mind I quickly wanted to 'have a go' so I started up my own website.  Looking back at it now, twenty years on, I was ahead for my time really.  Have a look at the screengrab below.  I was updating it monthly, had a feature article, what's new, guest book.  If only I had actually gone on to invent the whole concept of "the blog"!

But I'm still here and still enjoying writing so this is my own blog where I can write about things that interest me and that I want to share with my friends.  I no longer have my lovely donkeys but I do have lovely ponies now instead!  And I still have cats and love gardening.  But now I am a mum too so a whole different side of life opened up.

So here's to a fresh start on a newly revamped blogger site.  Long may blogging continue!



(Amazingly my old site can still be seen, in parts, thanks to the wonders of the Wayback Machine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment